Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Happy Holiday Season!

Hi folks,

It’s been a long time since I have been on this site. No plan on coming back. I just came by to wish you all a Happy Holiday Season.

We should all be gratefully for the progress that is being made. So much more is in the pipe line and I can honestly say for the first time my hope meter is at 25. Not for me but for those newly diagnosed.

I have cut back much of my advocacy but still continue on some key issues with some high-level organizations and people. While I am not the same person I was when I left here, I am just a little worse and still enjoying life the best I can. I do think I may have to give driving up in the next year but time will tell. It is so hard to know the future. I have limited some of my driving and have left my wife dive more frequently.

Attached is a email that will help you understand more. I wrote this to a good friend of mine about 5-6 months agao.

P.S. And this system still Sucks. I could not add it here in the body - ERROR "Body is 24417 characters too long"

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Happy Hoildays Michael! It is good to hear from you and know that you still fighting the good fight. Take care of yourself.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Happy Holidays, Michael. I hope you recognize what a valuable asset you are/were to this forum. You are missed. There are many “new” contributors here these days; I hope they’ll use the search feature to learn from your posts. And yes, the new system is still confusing. I can’t edit my profile to save my soul. Carry on and stay strong.

• Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 747
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions

Happy Holidays, Michael!

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Michael and Merry Christmas to you and your lovely wife! Hope you are still enjoying your new home. I remember when you shared photos of it. You are most definitely missed. Take care of yourself and drop by anytime. And yes this site is not nearly as easy to navigate as it used to be!

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Well, hello there Mr. Michael - sending you and your dear wife warmest thoughts and peace of the season. May your holidays be filled with warmth and strength bringing all good feelings to be shared.

J.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Merry Christmas, Michael. It’s so good to see a post from you.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Happy Holidays Michael. I miss your posts and links to info on new medications. We know someone IRL who just started on Leqembi. It will be interesting to follow his progress. A lot of the information i’ve read about it was from your links. I hope you will be checking in from time to time.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Please keep me informed on that. I am now told it is now buying some people about 3 years more of time. It will change as it continues and peole ale followed longer.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more