Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Holiday Joy

Yesterday we participated in a lovely dinner at our condo complex. We had been looking forward to this event. Posters were hung in various locations and DH repeatedly asked if we were signed up. In the afternoon I told him we would be going to the holiday party in a hour and a half. We got dressed up even wearing a necklace of flashing lights.
The atmosphere was festive and DH seemed like he was having fun.
Back in our unit afterwards DH told me he was disappointed in me because I misled him about where we were going. He was angry with me and said we need to communicate better.
He said he had a good time once he got over being mad at me. I asked him where he thought we were going. His reply: McDonalds!!!!

Comments

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Dang. So disappointing. You understand it. But it’s still disappointing.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

It sounds like he had a good time, in spite of not getting to to go to McDonald’s. I admit I had to smile at his reply. I hope you had a good time!

• M5M
    M5M Member Posts: 114
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

I imagine had some other vision of holiday party in his head, but when you asked him ….. McDonalds was the first things that popped up. … the positive is you and he apparently had some good moments at the party you did attend!

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

A trip through the drive-thru at a McDonald’s sounds like it might be in your future.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more