Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

How to notify wife’s Facebook friends

My wife is in the last stages of Alzheimer’s, and is expected to pass soon. I do not have contact information for many of her longtime friends, but lots of them are friends with her on Facebook. Does anyone here know if there is a way to notify all her Facebook friends that they should visit now if they want to see her one last time? I think that if I post it on her Facebook page it will only be seen by people who look for her, not by everyone she is friends with, which is what I want. May not be possible, but I thought I’d ask.

chuck

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

if her Facebook friends Follow her, they will see the post in their timeline. If they don’t follow her or have restricted or blocked her, they won’t. Same if she’s restricted or blocked someone, but left them as a Friend. The default friend option is Follow.

I would post what you want to post. Add a sentence asking the reader to share the post with anyone they know that would be interested.

That’s the best you can do.

FYI- you can exclude certain people from seeing the post too. So if she has a Facebook friend that you don’t want to know this information, you can choose the privacy option Friends except for..and select that person(s).

• Hellogoodby
    Hellogoodby Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Comment

Thank you for that information. I am totally ignorant of Facebook, so this is all news to me. But it sounds like posting there will be more useful than I thought. I also should be able to pin a message to her page after she passes, as she added me as a legacy contact years ago (unbeknownst to me).

• Morna
    Morna Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment

Hello goodbye

If you have Teen grands or nieces or nephews, they can probably help you with Facebook. Prayers

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more