Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Merry Christmas and holidays and whatever

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I was traveling and just got back last week

I asked DW if she would marry me on Christmas day 1972. She was the most brilliant lovely talented young woman I ever met. Heading to Medical School

She told me she needed a "wife' someone who would make a home for her"so I said "but will I be sexually exploited" She said "Of course" so I took the job Married in 1975 two kids, wonderful careers, now 5 grandchildren NB I made full professor by 40 and she had a fabulous career

MCI 2010 EOAD 2012 , 2016 placement , 2017 she lost all idea of who I am or anyone else

She has no positive cognitive function at all. But the rest of her body is healthy but all she can do is swallow food you put in her mouth. I've been on this road a long time.

Hope your day goes well

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

May each person who finds the need to be here find some peace in their minds and hearts today and all days to come.

I lost my dear father in 2022 to this disease. While the loss is always with me, I find some peace in remembering the best of times with him.

May all your days hold some good memories.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Love hearing about your lifelong love story. Happy Holidays to you both!

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 468
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Welcome back from your travels !

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Merry Christmas, Crushed. I’ve been wondering about you, so I’m glad you posted. My DH was displaying symptoms in 2012 although I didn’t know at that time what was happening. He wasn’t officially diagnosed until 2016. His progression has been much slower than your wife’s. It is a long journey. Wishing you peace.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Merry Christmas Crushed! It was good to see your post, I have been wondering how you and your wife were doing.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Crushed, I hope you can have peace. You have been on this journey a long time and it has to feel endless.

• Larrytherunner
    Larrytherunner Member Posts: 83
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes
    edited December 2023

Crushed, it is sad to hear about your wife but I hope you will find peace in being with your children and grandchildren.

You have worked with the FDA and I would like to ask you to take a look at my post on the Emory trial. The last reply was on Dec 24.

The results on the Emory trial for montelukast were posted about two weeks ago on clinicaltrials.gov. The QC sent it back for corrections. In the NIH Toolbox Cognition Battery tests, the treated group declined but the placebo group showed improvement. You wouldn't expect a group of untreated early Alzheimers and MCI participants to show improvement over a years time. Further the untreated group also improved in the CSF amyloid and tau measurements.

I think the trial was tampered with by switching the montelukast and placebo medications between the two groups. Since the trial was double blinded, the doctors would not know which medication they were giving out and thus could not have noticed anything unusual. I know the trial went from 150 to 32 participants after the Covid shutdown, but it was still an important trial because some doctors were willing to prescribe it off label if it showed positive results.Do you think Emory or the FDA will do any sort of investigation?

Also what do you think about the BioVie phase 3 trial for their oral medication for early Alzheimers. The head of BioVie announced after going through the data that they had discovered violations at 15 of its trial sites and reported it to the FDA OSI. It looks like there was a well organized action taken to sabotage this trial. I explained more in my previous post. I would appreciate if you could comment here or go to my earlier post and comment. Thanks in advance for your input.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more