Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New to this

How do I get to the page for friends discussion. I’m a caregiver for my husband. Thx

Comments

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

You’re here and welcome to the forum.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited January 1

if you are asking about Loretta’s front porch posts about general life things: Just scroll down the discussions in this ‘caring for spouse’ forum until you see the ‘just want to talk to my friends’ post.

If you are asking which of the ‘support someone living with ‘ forums you should post in - the answer is any that you want to.

The ‘I am a caregiver’ forum is for anyone - including spouses or offspring or long distance caregivers who want to put their post where all caregivers check first. The ‘caring for spouse’ contains posts relating to that - but everyone is welcome to comment on it’. ‘Caring for parents’ is for adult children but everyone can comment. Similar theory for long distance caregivers.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Lorita's current Front Porch post is here-

Just need to talk to my friends (192) — ALZConnected

C'mon by, @JeriLynn66 made soup.

HB

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Also, just click on the "Discussions" tab at the top menu bar and it will give you the options (under "supporting someone living with dementia")

And I see it to the right of my screen as well. "I am a Caregiver - General Topics" is for friends, family, etc. too.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more