Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

For wose

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,716
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

I am sorry to see that you have edited out your posts. I hope you did not feel personally attacked, that was no one's intent; I and I am sure others are worried about you and what sounds like a volatile situation. This is such a difficult road under the best of circumstances. Hope you will continue to read and come back.

Comments

• Mimi50
    Mimi50 Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

I noticed wose was gone. I just hope she is okay. Her LO sounds violent really concerned about her getting hurt.

• Mimi50
    edited January 4

I am in very similar situation with my husband. He has doctors appointment next week. I went to the DMV site in Illinois. There is medical form the doctor has to fill out. Saying it is safe for him to still drive. This way I don’t have to be the bad guy the doctor. Will be the one that will be the bad guy.. We talked last night that I want the doctor to make sure. It is still safe for him to drive. He was fine with that part. When I told that if the doctor says it is not safe. Then he won’t be driving. He tried to argue with me. I simply told him that he had no say in this decision at all. That he can’t determine whether it is safe or not. Only the doctor can. Apparently I am going to need doctor approval too. I am not currently driving. I started having pain behind my eyes. Little trouble leaving my son’s house at night. Not being able to see the steps in the dark. Of course I didn’t say anything. Thinking new glasses would fix the problem. I may have been mistaken in my thinking that would be the case. They wouldn’t dilate my eyes. They want ophthalmologist to do it. Because my eyes are not draining. If there are any complications. During dilation the vision loss. Would be permanent. I feel like I have completely failed my husband. As well as my young adult son. If I can’t drive this means Joshua. Who works full time and has 2 year old baby. Is stuck having to take us places. He already has enough too worry about. So I think that us moving into. The same apartment complex as our son. Might have to happen. Because it is much more walkable. Sorry for the long post.

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Oh Mimi! How difficult for you! Check into the possibility of services for the disabled. Most communities have a bus service for people who cannot drive because of medical conditions. It’s a bit cumbersome but it can certainly help with the situation. You schedule your bus ahead of time. Even our little community has it.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

@Quilting brings calm

I think you're spot on.

I don't know that she felt the same sense of urgency we do as the result of our own lived experience and reading what has been shared here in the past. I know I personally have anxiety around aggression and do project which is probably not helpful.

For someone new to all this, it must feel like trying to drink from a firehose.

HB

• Mimi50

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia