Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

pwl

pwl
pwl Member Posts: 5
First Comment

Thanks. This is terrible. Most lonely and depressing thing I've ever dealt with. She constantly rants about things that happened 40 and 50 years ago. Same speeches every time. Over and over all day. How do you continue to love someone that hates you so much. The only peace is when one of our sons are here or she is asleep. I have support from my 2 sons and her sister but I have a feeling that's slowly dwindling because I hear from them less than earlier. Probably getting tired of it. I can't afford memory care and while I have good medical coverage I don't see much coverage for something like this. I could go on and on but why?

Comments

• Mimi50
    Mimi50 Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Have you looked at your health insurance to see if they cover respite care ? That would give you A break which it sounds like you need. Maybe ask the doctor if there is medication he can prescribe so she is less upset. I am sure she doesn't hate you. She is probably confused and anxious.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

talk to her doctors about medication to tamp down the aggression and anxiety. And talk to a certified elder law attorney about how to qualify her for long-term Medicaid; and look for facilities that accept Medicaid in your area. Talk to your local Council on Aging also about services that might be available. The Alzheimer's Assoication also has a free 24/7 hotline that may help you brainstorm; 1-800-272-3900. Ask to speak to a care consultant.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more