Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I’m still aware when I have issues and it is scary.

Kathy308pet
Kathy308pet Member Posts: 4
First Comment

I wear glasses. I only take them off to sleep and shower. Yesterday I came out of a store, got ready to drive home and noticed I didn’t have my glasses on. I couldn’t find them. I went back in store to see if I took them off at register for some reason. No. Went back out and saw them on the ground behind my car in parking lot. Why? I still don’t know why I wasn’t wearing them and how they got on the ground. It scared me that this happened without me even being aware of it at the time. Are you having issues like this? How do you deal with it? I just want to cry when I think of what it means for the future and my husband and others who will have to deal with this.

Comments

• darcytg
    darcytg Member Posts: 94
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Kathy,

I can not imagine how scary that must be. If it were me, I'd probably make myself sick with worry.

I am glad you were able to locate the glasses.

I hope you have people in your life that you trust and love. ... and will always help you find things.

Darcy

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Kathy, dealing with early dementia is traumatic. Your whole life will change. Yes, it is scary. I had that problem in earlier years. One of the things that helped me was taking medication. I also had a few other treatments that increased my alertness.

What exactly is your diagnosis?

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living