Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Surgery tomorrow...I hope

I am scheduled to have surgery tomorrow morning on my right wrist and elbow. I have arranged for someone to be with DH while I am at the Surgery Center and for one of my sons to be here through the weekend. Another son and granddaughter will be here from Indiana Sunday night to spend the week. At least that's the plan. We have quite a bit of snow on the ground and the roads are slick. Another snowstorm is predicted for late tonight into Friday. The Surgery Center called and said my surgery may start late or might even be cancelled due to the weather. After all the planning that went into arranging for friends and family to be here to help, I am feeling rather down and kind of in limbo right now. The Surgery Center is supposed to call back later this afternoon to let me know what the plan is. DH does not understand what is going on even though I have told him several times. It just does not register. I just want to get the surgery over and to be done with all the numbness, tingling, and pain in my hand and arm. I'm trying to leave it in God's hands and not worry about it. And I'm trying not to feel resentful toward DH whose constant pulling on my right arm has brought all this on.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Best wishes for a successful outcome. I'm sure when this is all over you'll feel like a new woman. Please check in to let us know how you are doing.

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

I can understand how frustrating that must be for you after getting everything organized. Like you said trust in God and don't worry. Wishing you the best xo

• darcytg
    darcytg Member Posts: 94
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Sending perfect outcomes out to you and yours.

Heal quickly and feel better. Also, enjoy the family while they are there.

Best regards,

Darcy

• darcytg

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

to be stymied by the weather, of all things! Let us know how it goes, will be thinking of you.

• Kibbee
    Kibbee Member Posts: 229
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

How frustrating to do the work to put all the coverage plans in place, and then possibly have your surgery cancelled. I am hoping the weather behaves so you will be able to go forward with your surgery and coverage as planned.

• wose
    wose Member Posts: 137
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I’m so sorry that you have to deal with all of this. I had hand and wrist surgery in late August. It finally felt pretty good after 2 months. It will be hard but hopefully worth it. My hand was all bandaged up and my DH says to me, “You’re not an invalid, you can take care of yourself.” Very frustrating when you don’t have anyone anymore. Wasn’t completely aware at the time , thought he was just being a jerk all these months and perhaps probably years. Hang in there and come here and rant.💙

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Praying everything goes well for you and all your plans work the way entented. Please take care of yourself and let your sons take care of dh. Best wishes!

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

So good to hear you made it through the process and have some help. Do take care as you rest and recover.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Glad for the good update and that you've got some company....

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So glad to hear everything went well and that your son’s did/are helping take care of you and your dh. Enjoy your help while you have it and focus on yourself getting better!

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 468
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

So happy the surgery went well. Cheers to your recovery!!

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

I totally missed your post until just now. So glad that everything went according to plan and the surgery is behind you. After all that planning you have to be thankful that the snow didn’t interfere. Prayers for a quick recovery.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Glad to hear all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I'm so pleased you were able to proceed with your surgery and that your sons were able to step in and help as planned.

Thanks for the update. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery!

HB

• darcytg

Congratulations on getting the care you needed and having support.

So grateful that things went smoothly for you.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

So glad you got some good help; I was feeling some concern for you if left alone . . . let us know how things are going; as it is, sounds like it is on a positive path.

J.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Such good news! I pray your healing is fast and complete, with little pain and also that your DH continues to be easy during the next few weeks as your post op recovery remains high priority.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more