Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Self Care Resource - Adult Coloring Pages

ButterflyWings
ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

I just ran across this website while scrolling through Pinterest just for fun. (Doesn't take much to entertain me, as you can see. Homebound for 2 years with a PWD LO will do that to you!)

There has been a little relief in the homebound status at least for part of the last year plus and I'm very glad I did not give up, and kept trying every so often to get him (us) out and about. We did some nearby and distant excursions - even a couple of short international getaways last year in Stage 6 and I am SO grateful.

Now, DH is getting weaker and I am concerned about taking him out of the house even though he no longer resists. He needs help getting back into a sitting/reclining position every couple of hours or coughing/wheezing gets the best of him when lying flat on his back. And that is why I am up scrolling the Crayola website accidentally, when people with "normal" lives are sleeping soundly, or preparing to.

Anyway, if you have a way to print one of these coloring pages. maybe you and/or your LO can do some healthy creative activity. At my house I'd have to be sure DH did not eat the crayons. So, for now I will just look at the designs. It is a nice self-care mini-respite moment. Enjoy!

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks BW, i think I may try some of these with my partner....

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Great idea @ButterflyWings

There was a point in my aunt's vascular dementia when I used to send her Dover Adult Coloring Books. As a kid, she was the aunt who always had a fresh box of 64's and would color with you for hours. Like most of mom's family, she was very into clothing so the books on historical and vintage fashion were favorites. She also liked some of the landscapes as well.

Results for - Search (ecomm-search.com)

HB

• forbarbara
    forbarbara Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Thanks for sharing! You are an amazing caregiver and I’m glad you’ve found a way to bring more color to your routines.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thanks for posting!

Iris

• SusanB-dil
    SusanB-dil Member Posts: 1,088
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks BW - mom would love some of these! will give it a try with MIL.

hey @GothicGremlin some of these methinks you might even get a kick out of just looking. I've been wondering how you and SO are doing?

• mpang123
    mpang123 Member Posts: 228
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

I bought dad 5 picture books. It was ordered from Amazon and will deliver tomorrow. Hope he'll like them...

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 839
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

These are great!

@SusanB-dil - some of those are indeed up my alley!

It's been a tough couple of weeks - I'll post an update soon, but we're hanging in there.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more