Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Don't think I can do it

2»

Comments

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

@ghphotog,

Thinking about you and DW today. Whatever today brings, I’m hoping you are afforded some measure of peace. Stay strong; one day at a time.

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

There has been a little delay as I am waiting for our PCP to fill out her side of the health questioniare and it's taking a little longer to get funds out of our retirement account, 8-10 days. Possibly next week or the week after.

Thank you Howboutnow for the encouragement! Means a lot. It's still so difficult for me as every night I still tell myself I can't do this as she will be searching everywhere for me sobbing when she can't find me, freaking out when they will try to clean and change her but I know it has to be done so I'm still moving forward. The nurse from the facility is coming over next Monday to do the eval.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Thinking about you too today gh

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you M1! Means a lot that you guys are thinking about me during this.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited February 1

@ghphotog yes, we are thinking about you and sending loads of positive energy your way, whatever the day holds. * and I just read your update that it may be another week or so. Just keep breathing!

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

We're all thinking about you because we know you are really having a hard time with it. But just remember that it's for both of you. You will probably both be better off.

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

@ghphotog also keeping you in my prayers. Such a difficult decision, however, you have been and are one of the most dedicated caregivers of your sweet DW. Your situation brings tears to my eyes. I cry for you and all of us who have to deal with the decisions we have to make. xo

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more