Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Touching base

It’s been several months since my last post, altho I’ve been reading regularly. I’ve spent those months getting my legal ducks in a row and just generally taking charge. My DH no longer drives and has (reluctantly) surrendered his license. We agreed to turn our 2nd vehicle over to our youngest, who has moved in with us for a while due to financial issues of their own. (This last is, at least, one major concern off my mind, and I’m very grateful for the additional help and support.) We have good days and less good days, which I guess is par for the course.

This post is really just in the nature of checking in and touching base. I’m doing my best to get used to the new normal around here, but I’m just so tired.

jo k

Comments

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

My son was living with us until I placed my dh, and I can't overstate how much that helped. Even though we were both working, there was usually someone home, and I knew I had backup. I hope you are also able to keep that backup for a while--it helps you and him! :-)

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 805
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I'm glad you checked in. And I'm glad you have been getting things organized. It must have been a challenge to get your husband to stop driving. It was a challenge for many of us. I'm thrilled that you're getting help from your son. It's great that you have each other. Please take some time for yourself. And keep checking in.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more