Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

salad dressing

l7pla1w2
l7pla1w2 Member Posts: 174
100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

File this under "amusing" or whatever.... No deep message here.

DW and I eat dinner (I prepare) around the same time every night. We have a salad, but each of us prefers a different salad dressing. Almost every night she asks me to pass my bottle to her, and she puts the bottles side by side. Scientist that she was, she then does a nutritional assessment that pretty much sounds like this every night:

This is so interesing. Mine has 280 mg of sodium and yours has 380 mgs of sodium. Mine has 3g of fat, while yours has 7g of fat. But mine has 7g of total carbs compared to yours, which has 3g. And mine has 4g of added sugar compared to 2g for yours.

And so on. When she asks to see my salad dressing, I know what's coming.

Comments

• charley0419
    charley0419 Member Posts: 354
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

You have to find humor some days

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks for sharing.

We had snow a couple of days in a row. I went out to shovel, and I ask my DH if he could help. He came out and watched me for awhile, then he swept the porch, which was free of snow because I had already done it.

Fast forward to the evening. He is looking out the window and says "Oh look - someone shoveled our walkway and porch. I chuckled under my breath.

Yes, find the humor wherever you can.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

It's always interested me how certain aspects of a person's personality can persist so far into the disease.

My aunt had been an executive admin. Before she was diagnosed and went into MC, she used to make copies of all her mail. She'd mark the copy with the date received and staple it to the original and envelope and file it away. We found unpaid bills, uncashed checks, random charity appeals. We found so much paper when we emptied her home.

There was a man at dad's MCF who'd owned restaurants during his working years. He took over the family style dining area and showed fellow residents to their seats and insisted on busing all the tables after meals. He sometimes chastised "his" kitchen staff but they seemed to roll with it.

HB

• l7pla1w2
    l7pla1w2 Member Posts: 174
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

There was a man at dad's MCF who'd owned restaurants during his working years. He took over the family style dining area and showed fellow residents to their seats and insisted on busing all the tables after meals. He sometimes chastised "his" kitchen staff but they seemed to roll with it.

Kudos to that man. He found a purpose in his life where he could be useful. That probably made him very happy.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

The last time my DH had his teeth cleaned, he tipped the hygienist $5! She pulled me aside and told me, returned the $5 to me and said she guessed he was happy with the service! Thank goodness she took it well. :)

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more