Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Useful tips and products

Comments

• wesj
    wesj Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I am looking for some direction. I have an employee showing signs of dementia. I am General Manager of the company where he works. He has no one to help him and he is taking care of his handicapped sister. Sooner than later he will have to quit work here. I don't think he can financially survive (I need to find that out). What can I do for him?
  • Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 799
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

What a kind friend and boss to ask. This is a rough question bc people with dementia often cannot see their deficits due to the disease. If you feel comfortable suggesting a doctors visit, maybe that would work. A lot of causes mimic dementia and are treatable. As a people manager, I would advise you act with caution. Perhaps go through HR?

May I also suggest you pose your questions on the caregiver main page? It gets a lot more traffic (I only saw your post bc I was alerted as the original poster). Try here: https://alzconnected.org/categories/i-am-a-caregiver-(general-topics)

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more