Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Had to share

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Yesterday dh was asked “how many children do you have “ his response “300 and working on one more “! Gotta love those numbers!

Comments

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 805
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Busy man 😂

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Cute, thanks for the chuckle!

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Now I understand why you’re so tired alll the time!

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thanks for the laugh.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

😂 Love it!

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited February 1

That is hilarious! And reminds me of an exchange DH had once during a social worker's interview assessing or requalifying him for services.

Before he lost nearly all communication ability in the past year, he was so naturally articulate (and also likely show-timing) that I could almost hear even the professionals thinking "hmm his spouse may be off base or overreacting; this guy is definitely not mid-stages". If not for the firm diagnosis from a leading university hospital memory clinic they may even have overruled me and questioned whether he even had dementia. He was that cordial and conversational well into Stage 5, maybe even early 6.

But I knew that skeptical thought bubble would burst with continued probing if they insisted on interviewing DH, not me. One SW asked all his stats and he got them right including "what's your birthdate"? He could still rattle off info like that with total accuracy most of the time. That day I decided to followed up her question with one of my own and said, "That's next week! How old will you be this year"? Without missing a beat, he replied with total confidence, "Oh about 600." The caseworker's eyebrows shot up a full inch it seemed. "You'll be 600 this year?", the lady repeated for clarification. DH: "Yep". Dead serious. She and I both had a good chuckle with him. Wacky disease.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more