Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Not funny part 2

wose
wose Member Posts: 137
100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Sorry I’m beating a dead horse but this “friend “ did it again. This morning another email from him telling my DH that he would be back Sunday and this is a direct quote “ I will be back on Sunday, when sister gives me my car keys back” This guy is 65 and has cancer. Of course now my DH is in an uproar and driving is now again front and center. Thanks @M1, I hadn’t thought about email issues because DH is not at all tech savvy. He did email his friend in South Bend and told him “No Emails” whatever that means. I don’t know, it’s feels like sabotage, in regards to his friends. I hope to God I’m not putting him in a category where he doesn’t belong. He keeps telling me over and over he’s not crazy💙

i

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Wose I think I’d block his emails or take down the site, unless there’s some reason your DH really needs it or there’s messages you get there that don’t go elsewhere. I’d write a few sample emails to this neighbor-you don’t necessarily have to send them-and tell him in no uncertain terms how off base he is. Is he married? You might appeal to his spouse. Maybe he does have cognitive issues also, but one way or the other it’s time for him to not be able to contact your DH without going through you.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,357
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

@wose

Does this clown understand that your husband has a fatal illness? I'd be inclined to block his email and phone number and speak to him because maybe he doesn't get it.

A friend wouldn't say such a thing. Sabotage away.

HB

• trottingalong
    trottingalong Member Posts: 387
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I would definitely block this person on the email.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more