Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Thank you for caring.

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 323
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

CAREGIVERS WHO REALLY CARE tend to be the best people among us, and they never regret their sacrifice of love and care. Thank you!

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Sacrifice..."to give up something for something else considered more important:"

Nothing was more important than caring for my loved one there for there was no sacrifice.

• BPS
    BPS Member Posts: 74
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

I wish I felt that way all the time but to be honest I often feel that I am sacrificing my relationship with our kids and grandkids. They don't come around often due to my wifes delusions about them. I gave up a business that I enjoyed, but we have not had a good relationship for the past 15 to 20 years. She cheated on me but I decided to try and work it out but she cheated again and by time I found out she was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers (in 2016) so I stayed so my adult kids wouldn't have to deal with all this. I am now considering MC even though she isn't too much work. She usually sleeps to about 2:00 and then just sits and watches TV not wanting to go anywhere or do anything, but if I go anywhere even to the store she thinks I am out having an affair. With her not being a lot of work, even though I think she is probably about stage 6, I feel guilty for even considering MC.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I can certainly understand that and given those circumstances would likely feel as you do.

My husband used to say that everything in life was a trade off. Maybe that is the bottom-line of it all.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more