Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

How's Jo C and Son doing, also M1

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Got on here again to find out how my friends are doing! And I mean friends, just like the other fellowship I belong to.

Also Toolbeltexpert after his loss. I care a lot about everybody on here.

Made sweet and sour chicken Sunday from scratch, turned out the best yet. At 81 years old I'm doing pretty good.

To the newer people there is a lot of good advice here, and if you are having a bad day with your loved one share it with others. So your mad, things aren't going the way they are suppose to. Share it , it will lessen the burden . Remember all of us go thru stuff we are not happy with. But we do it anyway. Hoot

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hello Hoot! Glad you stopped by again. M1 is active on the forum, but Jo is much less so. Although I can't really answer for either of them, I'm a little more concerned about Jo, just because of her lack of activity. That certainly doesn't minimize M1's problems. I've actually been thinking a lot about them too.

How are you doing up there is God's land? It sounds like you're doing pretty well, and I'm glad about that.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot! If you go to the "I Just Need To Talk To My Friends," thread put in place by Lorita; I just wrote a long note there about what is going on with me of late and you can see it; it will be the last one or pretty much the last one depending when you get to it.

Hoot; up there in God's country - BUT He sure likes it cold in the winter up there! Now Hoot; I would have come to dinner for some of that sweet and sour chicken AND I would also have shared some of our minestrone, sausage and tortellini soup with you too. Mine was cheaters though; yours was brave and from scratch.

Son is in outpatient rehab for left side weakness; it will take some time. So hoping all will be restored. Really and truly hoping.

Take good care and keep on cooking; sounds like you are pretty much very good at it.

J.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Hoot! And you're so kind to ask. Glad to report slow progress in the right direction but still way, way more short of breath than i would like, back issues that have not responded to an epidural last week, complications from blood thinners, and way, way more medical appointments than i care for. They've ruled out heart surgery for now, which is very reassuring, but it's a slow slog to get any kind of conditioning going when the back keeps flaring up. I fully expect im likely to need back surgery later in the year if they'll clear me for it. Sad that I'm unlikely to be able to do as much on my property as I would like, but in general I'm lucky to be here, period. Trying to balance all this with going to MC about three times a week, it still feels like a pretty full plate.

Jo I'm glad to hear from you too and will check out your update on the "front porch" thread.

My soup is great Northern bean with spinach and kielbasa.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

I'm glad you two answered, I left a comment in those who lost someone today Hoot I've got to get my tame rabbit a cooking. Brown it off than to dutch oven with mushroom soup and slow cook it.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more