Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Placing thing in odd spots

DH had a bad night last night. He was up ALL night. Around 4am I finally had had it and went to sleep in the spare room. 7am I was awoken by the door alarm going off. He was trying to escape out the back door. As I walked around the house I was finding the kitchen chairs in the living room, comforter on the stairs, every shirt off it's hanger and placed around the house, piles of random stuff throughout the house ect. So what was the oddest thing I found???... That would be the cat in the bureau drawer. I don't know how long it was shut in there, but it didn't seem phased. It probably thought he was in a box, that is his favorite place.

I did take DH to hospital and checked him for UTI or anything, all tests came back neg. just the dementia progressing.

So what is teh oddest thing your LO has placed somewhere odd?

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh, my. The cat takes the cake/wins the prize, I'm glad it was okay!! And that he didn't successfully escape. Scary.

I am still finding things in odd places two years after MC placement. Nothing quite that extreme however.

Sleep fragmentation is a real issue. Is he on anything for it? Seroquel 25 mg worked like a charm for my partner.

• Judy.T.
    Judy.T. Member Posts: 44
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

No he had a bad reaction to Seroquel.

• wose
    wose Member Posts: 137
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Yikes! I’m so sorry. You got one “chill” kitty. I feel lucky only my dishes are out of place. One time, I found the tv remote in the frig. My DH does have a habit of taking and wearing my clothes, lucky for him only my t-shirts or sweatshirts.💙

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh my, what a story. I can't top that one. However, daily I can't find things in the kitchen like cutting boards, pots and pans etc. and have to track them down before cooking. The grocery store is a huge challenge because he puts the items on the belt and takes them off before the cashier can ring them up.

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 805
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

My husband likes to layer/stack things, so usually I just find little piles of junkmail under a placemat or the ball we play catch with on a pedestal of coasters. There was the time he hid all of his underwear. He eventually brought it back to the bedroom but not before I replaced it (seriously, I checked everywhere!).

I'm sorry he (and therefore you) are having a hard time sleeping. In addition to his risperidone and escitalopram, he takes a low dose of melatonin. It works most nights.

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Best item for me was a triangular piece of wood in the refrigerator. He thought it was left over pizza.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Not quite the same, but reminds me of the time my partner fed chicken feed and birdseed to the cats. I think it was harshedbuzz who commented that that was a great way to eliminate the middle man...

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more