Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Praying for this to end

2»

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Wag91 your not alone, I prayed for mercy for an early end for my dw but thought for sure she was gonna outlive me! I had a plan abc that went out 5 yrs and beyond. Late last year my dw had some sudden progression, sleeping longer, weight loss, sudden bouts of not being able to move her body, double incontinence. Two weeks later she was gone. I didn’t have a plan for that!

Its a living hell for the pwd and the caregiver.

We all totally get it,but wish we didn’t have to.

Stewart

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

No question about it, when my DW entered stage 7 I was terrified for her (and for myself) that she might have to endure the awful sub-stages with their horrendous physical manifestations of this disease. I feel we were both fortunate that, after a few months in home hospice care, my DW passed in her sleep.

It is a compassionate thought to want a LO to escape the last final terrible ravages of this disease.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 527
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I totally get wanting your LO to not have to endure the terrible ravages that will come with passing on from dementia. I struggle even now knowing that inside this angry, disturbed human is the person I once thought was the most fun in the world. If there was a way to end this suffering for him, I would surely try.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,701
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

My partner fell yesterday, just slipped coming out of her bathroom--I was standing right there but couldn't stop it. Fortunately she seemed not to be badly hurt, but she was so rude and ugly to the nurses who came immediately to try to help get her up. I was ashamed of her, it is so different from her real self. All the more reason it just makes me wish for an end. Despite all the saccharine sayings of "I'm still here...."----this is not her any more.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more