Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Leqembi

Is anyone using Leqembi and what is your experience?

Comments

• craig77389@gmail.com
    [email protected] Member Posts: 1
    Second Anniversary First Comment

DW is into about her 11th infusion. There are two other couples being infused and we have become friends - I understand there will be 2 more leqembi patients soon. We have a follow-up with her neurologist very soon. I hope she tests out 'no change'.

I am seeking caregivers with leqembi patients.i am fairly new with coping, and I would appreciate comments from other caregivers with some or all the symptoms I am experiencing with her. at the risk of sounding harsh, t TIAhose symptoms are heightened paranoia, heightened narcism, hearing conversations that never occurred. There are others, but I would like to hear other caregivers experiencing the same and how you are coping. TIA

• Janutt
    Janutt Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions

Hello,

in my support group there is number of people who are doing the leqembi infusions too. Some are in the early stages of it I guess.

• 2dogssing
    2dogssing Member Posts: 35
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

I'm done with 4th Infusion & had my MRI & I think the report is good. Next week is #5. I notice I want to sleep when I get home after my Infusion. I'm making a conscious effort to drink more water. I have to drink LOTS of water after a massage. I figured it wouldn't hurt to drink a couple extra glasses.

• 2dogssing
    2dogssing Member Posts: 35
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

I have a strong desire to do all I can to fight for my brain. I'm taking Namenda & started Leqembi. I'm trying to exercise & eat healthy. The one thing I noticed after my 1st Infusion was that I felt happier. Perhaps just knowing that I was fighting? I don't know why, but I am so much happier.

• Janutt
    Janutt Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions

That’s exciting to hear that!! Good for you. i hope all things become better for you. I’m glad for everyone who has the opportunity to do this. I have been an avid runner, and alsways did exercise to be has healthy as I could be, but unfortunately this is not the case. I ate very healthy more of a plant based for me. I am the 3rd generation who has this disease. I have early onset.

• fjackson
    fjackson Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

my husband is going into his 24th infusion. All appears to be going well. I would love to become a part of a care giver support group in sacramento. I have been unable to find such a group. We live downtown. Anyone out there know of a group?

• fjackson
    First Comment

I would love to join a sacramento support group

• fjackson
    First Comment

I am the care giver of a Leqembi patient. I would love to join a group.

• rosary50
    rosary50 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    can anyone comment on side effects lequembi infusion? i am early onset and considering infusion treatment
  • Bobscape
    Bobscape Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

After the first infusion, I developed flu-like symptoms — shakes, headache, and chills, Lasted about 24-36 hours. The reactions have decreased as the treatment continues. I had my 8th infusion on Monday and the only reaction was a mild headache that was moderated with Tylenol. I have noticed that I have a restless night's sleep the day of the infusion. I've had two MRIs since I started the treatment with a minor brain bleed after the first MRI and none after the second. My doctor at the Mount Sinai Alzheimer's Research Center here in Miami works directly with the infusion center (FloMed). I am very encouraged.

• alm6168
    alm6168 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

Hi Bob

I was just diagnosed with AD and in the mild cognitive impairment stage. While I feel comfortable and confident in my physician, I want to get a 2nd opinion or consultation with another medical group. Do you have contact information for the actual medical office at Mt. Siani in Miami (I'm in Palm Beach County) that I can get an appointment. Thanks!

• Bobscape
    First Comment

here is their web page: https://www.msmc.com/medical_care/memory-disorders-and-alzheimers-disease/

• Bobscape
    First Comment

Also, make sure to go to the bottom of the web page for information about free initial testing and the phone number.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more