Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

LO on Hospice - Aide won't Give Morphine

2»

Comments

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

My condolences on the loss of your Father, you loved and cared for him to the very end. Peace be with you.

• housefinch
    housefinch Member Posts: 360
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you took amazing care of him and were a fantastic advocate, and in very challenging circumstances at the end. I hope you can feel proud of your incredible care and love you showed him and that, in time, happy memories of sharing healthy times with him will replace your sadness.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so sorry for your loss and that it was marked by these events. I wish you peace and healing.

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I am so sorry. This has been such a difficult experience for all of you. I admire how well you handled it. I would have blown a fuse before it was over. Peace to you, Malka! Praying for you and your family.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

@Malka Deepest condolences on the loss of your dear dad. You worked very hard to follow up on this situation and fill in the gaps. Thank goodness for your interventions. I am happy that he is free of this disease and wish you all the healing and strength in Stage 8. You really did the best you could and I believe your dad knew that.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

So sorry for your loss but glad your dad is no longer suffering. You had a real rollercoaster ride which you handled with grace and determination. Peace and comfort to you and your family.

• mommyandme (m&m)
    mommyandme (m&m) Member Posts: 1,468
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I’m sorry for the loss of your dad and that his lovely aide couldn’t help him leave peacefully. I’ve learned that sometimes the pain and fear of it can keep the patient from leaving. It is so loving to alleviate our LOs of the pain from dying. It hurts…if they’re not lucky enough to die peacefully in sleep. I’m glad you were able to give him the comfort he needed to move on and be healed.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I’m so sorry you had to go through all of this at the end. Thank goodness you were able to intervene.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved dad. You were a tremendous advocate for him on this journey; I am sorry this was more difficult than it beeded to be for you both.

HB

• midge333
    midge333 Member Posts: 291
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

I am sorry for your loss. You took great care of your father thru difficult circumstances.

• MN Chickadee
    MN Chickadee Member Posts: 871
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

My condolences on the loss of your dear father. You did your best for him and he was lucky to have you as his advocate.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 468
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh my , thank you for sharing . Wishing you peace after such an ordeal . Condolences on your loss

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I am sorry for your loss. You did all you could do and more. Take comfort in knowing that he passed peacefully although you were not there. My DH was administered morphine and Ativan during his 3 day transition and he passed graciously, peacefully, and seemingly comfortable. I am eternally grateful for that comforting memory. Take care.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 527
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Deepest condolences on your loss. You have set an example of caring and advocating for your father that I will not soon forget. Wishing you peace.

• ​fesk
    ​fesk Member Posts: 440
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

I am very sorry for your loss.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia