Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

MC 2nd placement

ThisLife
ThisLife Member Posts: 254
Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Well, he didn't even make it two weeks. I received a call Friday night that HWD tried to pull a female resident into his room and pushed another one to the floor. I asked where we are going with this. The staff member said they will just document it in his record and were calling because they are required to notify me. I will call tomorrow to get more information on events surrounding the incident before I send a message to the VA Geri Psych through the portal.

I was relieved that he had gotten medications and a new placement. The next seven weeks will be very packed with work requirements for my job. 😞 Just great!

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

ugh. I am so sorry. I can only imagine the stress.....please keep us posted as you can.

• FTDCaregiver1
    FTDCaregiver1 Member Posts: 106
    100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I feel your pain. After years of caring for my wife (EO FTD), admitted her to memory care last year. She lasted 6 months after multiple placements, involuntary terminations due to agitation and 2 more bad experiences with mental health stays to assess readjust her medications, including paradoxical reaction to benzos and parkinson-induced reaction to pregabalin. Sick and tired of the discontinuity of care in the mental health system and bouncing between mediocre nursing homes. Made the case to my local PACE program (she's enrolled in), pulled her out of memory care back home but now have day care workers coming in to help me care for her and telemedicine visits with a regular psychiatrist to monitor/adjust her meds. With improved care at home, agitation is decreased, and Parkinson's symptoms abated, she's in good health and I get breaks now. Its tough still, but I'm in a new normal, have help and some stability with a consistent team of support. Hope the best for you and keep your health up.

• RickM
    RickM Member Posts: 115
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Likes

Glad to hear PACE program sounds like it is responsive and works for you. It’s likely something more of us should look into

• RickM
    RickM Member Posts: 115
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Likes

Also so sorry to hear about your struggles “This Life”

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia