Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

The ups and downs of family dynamics

Carlo
Carlo Member Posts: 1 Member
Wowow , where do I start , for one I am grateful for this forum/service for us sandwich generation families we are going through this storm (analogy ofcourse ) for my situation mom was diagnosed 6-8 months ago , but with not a clear diagnosis , but nevertheless things have become like a storm gathering steam , that's how my analogy will be from everything that I ve read and seenm some days seems like a normal day. But others like a hurricane category 5 has just hit our family :( no emojis available to express my emotion at those times and there has been several, anyways just joined this forum and looking forward to see how for one help with the family dynamics in caregivine and to prevent irreparable damage to our family and make mom's condition worse and ofcourse caretaking burnout and health issues from burnout that might come ,looking forward to participate in a more consistent and through manner
Thank you for reading whoever has
Done it.

Comments

• Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 747
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions

Hi Carlo, Welcome! Sorry you're here, but glad you made it! There's a wealth of wisdom here, and threads are searchable by keywords too, if you use the search function on the upper right of the page. I hope you can find something that helps you and your family.

• Anonymousjpl123
    Anonymousjpl123 Member Posts: 680
    500 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

@Carlo for sure this can be incredibly disruptive to family relationships! I think what helps is making sure you get lots of advice from professionals and, as much as possible, try to find common ground. I know for my family I thought it would be a whole lot worse. We were mostly estranged as a family unit and this required coming together. It’s not easy but we’re getting through. Does one person have Power of Attorney? That can really make things easier. I’m sorry you’re going through this tornado but glad you found this site: lots of great information here.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more