Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Jo C, privacy and a good wishes thread

King Boo
King Boo Member Posts: 302
Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Likes

While I have been away a long time and only just discovered Jo C's illness, it is wonderful to see how many discussion board members care and are concerned.

During our years together as Peer Volunteers, we often discussed how important our privacy was and how it was necessary to have boundaries to keep our identity private. Jo C has also shared how it was necessary for the safety of her family to do so. I therefore ask that anyone who has posted information hypothesizing about her residence, name, true identity, etc, please edit their post and remove that information. None of us would want harm to happen to Jo C or her family because of our post.

It is understandable that we are all beyond distressed to hear of her illness. But, let us all pause and reflect - at times of acute crisis, there is sometimes no room or time to see or hear from friends. It does not mean that the caring about us is any less there, but rather the world needs to become smaller to deal with the immediate crisis at hand with close family.

I am tossing out the idea for those who wish to, to share their good wishes and appreciation to our Jo C, to post below on this thread. If she is not able to log on the discussion board, her family will have our good wishes to share and to read as they are able. I will print out the thread if there are wishes to share and use snail mail to send them along.

Best regards to all.

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

This is a public board. There really is no anonymity. No one here intended to "out" her. Nothing was shared here that goes beyond what Jo actually posted herself.

I believe that we wanted to know if she had died. One member has come forth stating that she has been checking and will continue to check obits so I doubt there will be any more posts at this time except to send our love to her.

Your post is a welcome one.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Jo….you are certainly missed. Hope our messages sent through King Boo will show you how much we care.

-Judith

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

We love and appreciate you so much! Save your energy and feel better soon!

Iris

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Jo, we miss you. You have been a beacon of light and hope and kindness and inspiration and knowledge to everyone on this board. Thank you! May God bless you and your family. 🙏

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,714
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Hoping you are okay, miss you.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,714
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Sooooo glad to see your post. Hang in there.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Jo C, it’s so good to see your post. I’ve only been reading this forum since 2021, but your posts have been so helpful. It just isn’t fair that you should have pulmonary fibrosis with your healthy lifestyle. But then none of this is fair, not fair at all. I wish you well and good new meds to be invented to deal with your condition. Hugs and blessings.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Jo, so very good to read your post. All of us have been worried about you and your family. Take it easy and continue your recovery. I say prayers for you and your family every night.

Jo, I joined the forum in 2008 and you were here then so 2006 is probably right. Again, happy to hear from you. Post when you feel like it -always glad to hear from you.

-

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Jo, thank you for posting and letting us know how you’re doing. I miss you. I too have lung problems due to secondhand smoke so I know these things do happen. I’m so sorry it happened to you. Sending hugs and prayers.

Brenda

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Jo, I just broke down in tears of relief and joy when I saw your post. You just take good care of yourself first and come see us when you can. We all love you and keep you in our prayers. And thank you to King Boo for your kind intervention.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

@Jo C @King Boo - I'm so glad to hear from you both, and that you are just coasting right now, Jo - we pray you will feel much better soon. You may be following this already, but it seems there is some research looking into pulmonary fibrosis as a post-COVID 19, "long COVID" condition also.

A friend of mine is in a study that has some information on even people who were asymptomatic, maybe still developing the pulmonary fibrosis symptoms. That, plus second-hand smoke could be culprits and I'm so sorry for you to feel sidelined even for a short while — it sometimes feels like we can only do so much and the rest is a crap shoot.

Like everyone said, sending hugs and appreciation to you Jo for posting as well as to King Boo for your wisdom and caring intervention. I have been dealing with privacy infringement as a harassment tactic in the guardianship action my hateful in-laws initiated — and it is very serious plus can actually be dangerous as you mentioned. Dear KB, you were one of the main voices of wisdom when I first joined seeking urgent help years ago, and provided SO much help, compassion, and guidance for years. I'm glad for this opportunity to say Thank you! Wishing you both well!

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

❤️ so good to hear from you, we have missed you and wish only the best fir you. I have kept you in my prayers.

Ron

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I'm so glad to hear from you. You are missed.

eagle

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 527
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

@Jo C. I can't tell you how much your wisdom and kindness have helped me in these last few years. I can only hope for your continued recovery. So good to know you are at least in a more stable place. Take care of yourself. You have my continuing gratitude.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome back, Jo! We all love and miss you! I know what it feels like to be totally wiped out. So save your strength! I hope your DS and your DH are doing better. It's interesting what BW says about pulmonary fibrosis possibly being a complication of long Covid. There is a lot to be discovered. Keep resting and getting strong. Post just a bit to say hello, only when you can.

Iris

• mommafour
    mommafour Member Posts: 82
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

Jo C. - I've learned so much from your wealth of information on this board over the years. Sending prayers for improved health. Take care.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 468
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you Jo C for the update. !!! It is no fun being sick and I wish you a better day everyday .

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Jo,

Wishing you (and praying for) a total recovery ; maybe a miracle of sorts. I hope your DH and DS are also on the mend. You’ve been missed. Your post were/are always informative, non judgmental and comforting. Stay in touch.

• King Boo
    King Boo Member Posts: 302
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Likes

Wow!!! Jo C, so glad you could post and say hello to all. A big WHEW from me. As often happens in life, pauses sometimes lead to other involvements, distractions and issues. A big huge chunk of time had passed without even a 'hello' from me to you, so learning about your acute illness was a shock. I am so very glad you could come and let all the good peeps of the boards know you are here.

Butterfly Wings, I cannot even begin to tell you how your words have meant. Being a Peer Volunteer/member of the boards was at a time when I was challenged by the demands of caregiving too, and afterwards there was a lot of raw wounds I needed to heal. I am so glad to hear I was of positive support to you at a time of great need. I am sorry to hear you have been subject to harassment.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more