Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Zoom

hi are there any zoom meetings for a spouse that has a husband with early onset FLD he is 40

Comments

• fmb
    fmb Member Posts: 354
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments

If you go to the Alzheimer's Association support group link below and type "virtual" in the Keyword field, it brings up a long list of virtual support groups.

https://www.alz.org/events/event_search?etid=2&cid=0

Your local agency on aging may maintain a list of groups, some of which may meet virtually.

If anyone is looking for in-person support groups and can't find anything local through ALZ.org, try calling local memory care facilities. For example, I know of two dementia support groups in the Pittsburgh, PA area that are not advertised on the ALZ website. You do not have to have a loved one residing at their facility to attend. I personally attend a caregivers' support group sponsored by the hospice in which my DH is enrolled. This group is open to all caregivers, but all of us who attend are caring for PWD. Hospice enrollment is not required.

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 192
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

There is some support at www.careblazers.com. She offers some free courses and some are pay. I’m not sure if the zoom meetings are free or at a cost.

You can check out her website and sign up.

• Jeannielou
    Jeannielou Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    edited May 4

There is a caregivers Zoom meeting called Ask the Expert. It is on Monday nights at 7:00 here in the east. It is sponsored by the Alzheimer's Society. Tami Anastacia is the expert and she is good. I will try to post the link.

• MelissaNH
    MelissaNH Member Posts: 62
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you for asking this question! My DH56 has middle stage FTD and was just diagnosed.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more