Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lost filter

Whyzit2
Whyzit2 Member Posts: 55
25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

Out neighbor asked DH how tall he is and he responded “how short are you?” She said 5’7” and then asked him if his shoe size is a 15. So they played the guessing game until he acknowledged he is 6’6” and shoe size 13. She lifted up her foot and said that she wears a 15 because her arches have fallen and she use to wear a size 9. He paused and then looked at her and said “well that is because you eat too much!” Whew, everything went dead silent in the room.

Question: Who lost their filter?

Comments

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Dad did.

He burned through their social circles in 3 states before he was diagnosed. His behavior with young female servers was such that we couldn't go to restaurants. He wasn't much better with female medical professionals either.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

DFIL. Several females in my in-law's social circle made a point of telling me that he had grabbed them. This was at DMIL memorial service. He complimented the social director at the ALF who had organized an ice cream social, "You may not look like much, but you put on a hell of a party." Told his DS and I that we sure had some goodlooking boys for two people who weren't good looking.

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I get that! I hold my breath in public, not knowing what he might say. He’s not made any more sexual innuendos, fortunately. But I expect more as the filters degenerate.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more