Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Multiple layers

Kat63
Kat63 Member Posts: 60
Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Most nights my husband gets up around 2 or 3 a.m. and gets dressed. I just let him do this, as I’ve tried everything I can think of to get him not to and to come back to bed. Anyway he always puts on multiple T-shirts and sometimes 2 pair of pants. Last night he really out did himself. This morning I could tell he had on 5 or so shirts and asked if I could remove a couple. Well I removed 5 and he still had 3 on. Pretty impressive to have put 8 t-shirts on. Definitely made me laugh. Anyone else experience similar behaviors?

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,714
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Kat does he take anything for sleep? I wonder if sleep fragmentation could be an underlying cause....

• Kat63

M1, he is taking Trazodone. It has helped some as he was getting up and staying up. He now gets up, dresses and will lay back down after being up for an hour or so.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,714
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Hmm. Might be worth a discussion with his doc. Personal opinion, but I'm underwhelmed with trazodone in general. Not that great a drug imho and lots of side effects (dry mouth, constipation). Have you tried low dose Seroquel perhaps? Was a miracle drug for us for sleep fragmentation….

• ronda b
    ronda b Member Posts: 78
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes

My dh is on trazodone and it has helped

• Kat63

M1, the Trazodone has helped with agitation in late afternoon due to sundowners, but definitely still has fragmented sleep, so will talk with doctor about Seroquel. Thanks.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more