Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

new guy here with wife who has dementia 1st started 2 years ago

cjhuff
cjhuff Member Posts: 1 Member
im hubby and sole caretaker with my wife caroline shes 63 im 60 i would like to find some kind of online chat group in real time that i can talk to i cant go to no in person thing right now as she gets whelmed what do i do?

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,711
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Cj, welcome to the forum..you've come to the right place here for advice and support. This group is better than any in person group ive been to. So sorry you are facing this, but there many of us here in the same boat.

IIf you look to the right under Quick Links and Groups, there is one for new members that has collected a lot of frequently cited recommendations and sources of information. Good place to start.

• charley0419
    charley0419 Member Posts: 354
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

welcome you’ll get all support you need right here.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Hi and welcome.

This site no longer has chat-rooms. This message board is pretty well attended and, in most cases, appeals for support and questions are answered fairly quickly.

HB

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 681
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

If you want to ask more specific questions and connect with a member directly, you can use the direct message feature. On my web version, it's the envelope icon.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Also, this site has an 800 number you can call and ask to speak to a Care Consultant. Trained Social Work staff available to assist.

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

chuff, welcome! I’m sorry to hear of the diagnosis. We all are in this journey together and support each other! You are free to ask any question or share about anything you need to share. M1 is right. This group is my complete community for all things Alzheimer’s. I’ve learned so much on this site and in this forum. Read all the resources available to you. Ask anything. Know you are a part of us.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more