Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Heartbroken

PKidd
PKidd Member Posts: 18
10 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I know I'm not the only one but I am just so sad. I make myself get up and go through the motions of life everyday but it takes all the energy I have. Knowing I will be without him someday is breaking my heart. The tears won't stop.

Comments

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

@M1 Happy belated birthday - it feels like our lives are on hold right now, in so many ways. May the deferred birthday joy be yours again at some point in the future.

The main thing we can hold onto is, where would they be without us? And we stay the course.

• annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Thank goodness for this forum - it's comforting to have others that can totally understand what we're going through, but it's so sad for you and all of us that we're here. I try to stay as positive as possible but I have crying fits every once in a while that I just cannot control. This is triggered by different circumstances…the last one being when DH asked me something 10 times over the course of about a minute. I just got so sad that he couldn't remember in the next instant. Then he thinks he did something to upset me and tells me he loves me and would never do anything to hurt me…which makes me cry even more!

The sadness is natural but at some point, if it takes over the positive thought, I think I would talk to my doctor.

Stay strong everyone!

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Annie, Ditto

• drsd112
    drsd112 Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Comment

PKidd,

Same. Having a LO dealing with this horrible disease is so draining. Some days I don't even want to get out of bed. This forum has a been a lifeline for me.

I don't post often but am here visiting most every day. Virtually everything I have dealt with watching my Mom deal with disease has been discussed by others. I helps me to know I'm not alone in my struggle, which helps prop me up and keep putting one foot in front of the other every day because if others are doing it so can I.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 681
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

I think all of us here feel the same pain. And we definitely get it. When acquaintances ask, "How are you doing?" I say, "I have good days and bad. But the pain is there everyday." Some return with sympathetic eyes while others have a blank stare. They have no idea.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so sorry and I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain. I remember about 2 years ago I had uncontrollable crying. It was scary. I did go to a therapist, and it helped. Eventually I had to take antidepressants and they have helped. Somehow you get to a point of acceptance for what is and just try to make it through the day. I notice that once in awhile, I have a tiny bit of joy over the simpliest things, like the weather, flowers etc. I have to remind myself when I am down that I did have some positive feelings when … and they will come again. Whatever works to get us through.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more