Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I'm new here and I can't find the right place to post.

Danno99
Danno99 Member Posts: 5
First Comment

Sorry, I looked at about a 100 links here and I didn't find anything that fit.
I'm simply looking for the correct forum to post my question regarding my wife who has early onset Alzheimer's and her children who live all over the country.
Is there a place where I can ask this question?

Comments

• fmb
    fmb Member Posts: 352
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments

Danno99, first of all, welcome to the forum though I am sorry for the reason you are here. You have posted in the Caring for a Spouse or Partner section, which is a good place to ask your question. This discussion board is a great place to find information and support.

• Stan2
    Stan2 Member Posts: 72
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Danno99, Yes, this is a good place to ask your question, but you should probably "start a new discussion" (the yellow link in the upper right of your screen.

• Danno99
    Danno99 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

I appreciate your response. So I've posted in the correct forum? So I should post my question here? I'm sorry, it's still a bit confusing?

• fmb
    fmb Member Posts: 352
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. Go right ahead and post here. Many of us are caring for a spouse/partner, and I'm sure you will get responses.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,402
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited June 11

yes, you opened a new discussion properly and you can go ahead and ask your question by replying to yourself. Or you can open another new discussion to ask your question, There are several ‘support a person with dementia forums’: general caregiver, Spouse, parent, long distance. The general caregiver and spouse are the most active. You will see spouses post new discussions in either of those. You open a new discussion ( as you did) and people reply to it. The 100s of things you looked at were all discussions and it would be a good thing for you to read some of those that sound interesting as there’s good information there.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Yes, read a lot of threads. But it's better to begin your own thread to ask questions about yourown situation, just as you are doing. Go ahead, ask your questions!

Iris

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Danno99, you did just fine. You’re in the right place. Welcome to the forum. They changed the forum format a while back and it’s more confusing than the old, but once you get the hang of it, it’s ok. Lots of good information here from others who are with you in the trenches. I get more useful information here than anywhere else, often more than my husband’s doctors. And there always seems to be someone posting, pretty much around the clock.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,757
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

you can ask your question right here on this thread

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

yes just reply with your question.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One