Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Seroquel and now he’s showering again

KathyF1
KathyF1 Member Posts: 104
25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

The neuropsychologist increased the seroquel to 25 mg twice a day and now my DH is showering again almost daily! (Happily!) Before he would give in and shower maybe once every 5 days. And -he is so much more manageable in the evenings. For weeks he was incredibly agitated about going “home”. He would go back and forth to the car (locked) for hours and insist he had to go see his parents (deceased). The last week has been so much better. Just to let anyone know who might be considering Seroquel. So far it has made a huge difference for us.

Comments

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 681
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Very glad it's working!! What a relief you must feel?! My DH was on a low dosage, 25mg, until it didn't work and switched to Ativan. But when Ativan stopped working got back to Seroquel but increased to 50mg, which was not working 100%. Now a year later, he's on 300mg, divided into 3x/day. But it didn't hold until Depakote was added. I call it DH's miracle drug. His MCF director says the combo works to curb severe agitation and combativeness based on his experience with LBD residents.

• Laurie1282
    Laurie1282 Member Posts: 53
    Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

We recently started my DH with Alz late stage 5 on seroquel for evening delusions/hallucinations and to help him sleep. We started with 25 mg but it wasn't making much difference. His neurologist said we could increase to 50 mg but that made him dizzy, wobbly and very goofy. We are trying to figure out what dosage and when will help the most. I am hopeful this will eventually help with his agitation and worrying about everthing.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more