Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bidets

M5M
M5M Member Posts: 114
Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

I read the old discussions on bidets from 2021,

and found some good suggestions. I'm wondering about brands, updates, current suggestions as I plan to buy one and have it installed. DH and I have discussed before, he is not interested, but since I have ongoing bowel issues myself I think I can fiblet an explanation he will accept. It will be useful for both of us. Looking for suggestions ….!

Comments

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

My nephew-in-law is a plumber. He swears by Toto as a brand. He installed the entry-level C2 model"washlet" where the control is attached to the seat. Were I to buy one for a PWD, I would get the hand-held remote instead. Her has heated water (a must IMO) and a bunch of settings.

• JeffShort
    JeffShort Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    > @M5M said:
    > I read the old discussions on bidets from 2021,
    > and found some good suggestions ...

Since returning from Japan for a business trip in 2018, I have installed and used a bidet on our regular commode. I do not find the need for heaters. I have installed two bidets at home and at our second home/apartment. Both were not expensive and required little in the way of installation.

There are several options available on Amazon for less than fifty dollars and install with a simple wrench and screw driver. The brand available on Amazon that I last installed and use is Bio Bidet.

My DW is not able to learn to use the controls at this stage, but I can control them for her quite easily. She is reluctant to use the water jets, but I worry so much about UTIs and other illnesses that could develop; so I really think these are the way to go.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more