Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 6/24/24

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 323
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

GOD’S FAVOR FOR THE RIGHTEOUS

Psalm 5:12 NIV

"Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; 

you surround them with your favor as with a shield." 

James 5:16 NIV

'Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." 

THINK ABOUT THIS

What are some traits of a righteous person?

MEDITATION

When there is trouble or danger near, it is good to ask my friends to pray for those I care for and myself. I can count on God’s power and favor; He knows exactly what is needed. 

PRAYER

Lord of All Wisdom and Power, thank you for answering my prayers for others and for myself. I am grateful for Your constant shield of favor; it is my comfort, security and strength. Amen.

Friends, I always read your comments, and I count them as encouragement. Thank you. I will be glad to pray for you. Leave a comment below. Peace always, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

Comments

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

thank you

• teach365
    teach365 Member Posts: 6
    5 Care Reactions First Comment First Anniversary

Ronnie,

Thank you!

Between my DH struggles, financial struggles and worries about my "adult"

Psalm 91:4 always brings me back.

Last night I was completely overwhelmed with everything and accidentally stumbled on a prayer on social media. Immediately, I had a sense of calm.

God calls us into prayer. It is not we who initiate. He is waiting for us with open arms.

I know this isn't necessarily a Christian group, but so.etimes it feels like you have run it of hope. I hope this helps.

• VKB
    VKB Member Posts: 323
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

teach365, I appreciate your comment. Just when we need a prayer or a verse, the Lord makes sure we see it. Thanks for sharing. I prayed for you and your DH. Peace always, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Thank you for the uplifting prayers. We can’t do it alone.

• jsps139_
    jsps139_ Member Posts: 171
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

I wouldn’t know how to even begin this caregiver journey without my faith.
    Thanks for sharing - you are a blessing!

• LindaLouise
    LindaLouise Member Posts: 94
    100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

Thank you for so much the the verse and prayer. It was just what I needed today. When fear or anxiety take over, it is so good to know that the Lord is there waiting for us. So many verses let us know that our trials are not unique and God is aware and with us always. My verse for this month has been: 2Cor 12:8-10 - sharing it below.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

• LynnBonser
    LynnBonser Member Posts: 5
    5 Care Reactions First Comment
    > @VKB said:
    > GOD’S FAVOR FOR THE RIGHTEOUS
    > Psalm 5:12 NIV
    > "Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; 
    > you surround them with your favor as with a shield." 
    > James 5:16 NIV
    > 'Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." 
    > THINK ABOUT THIS
    > What are some traits of a righteous person?
    > MEDITATION
    > When there is trouble or danger near, it is good to ask my friends to pray for those I care for and myself. I can count on God’s power and favor; He knows exactly what is needed. 
    > PRAYER
    > Lord of All Wisdom and Power, thank you for answering my prayers for others and for myself. I am grateful for Your constant shield of favor; it is my comfort, security and strength. Amen.
    > Friends, I always read your comments, and I count them as encouragement. Thank you. I will be glad to pray for you. Leave a comment below. Peace always, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

I don't know how I would make it w/o God carrying me.
    I trust He has a plan & is working on me.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more