Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Middle of the night convo made me laugh

ButterflyWings
ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

DH: (Sleeping soundly, suddenly asks a thoughtful question at 2 a.m.): ”Are you fixing…my…”

Me: (holding my breath a tad, in interpretation-prep mode. Not sure where this is going or what it will mean for the rest of the wee hours I was hoping to just sleep)

DH:… “Trans-ma-tazz-ma-tay-shun?”

Me: (Thinking. Stumped!) “Uhh, if you want me to…”

Good answer. He chuckled when I did, took a deep breath, and went back to sleep.

😅😂

I have no idea what I just agreed to do lolol. Let’s hope he’s speaking a language I can understand, when he wakes up!

Comments

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 527
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Thanks for the chuckle! Maybe when he wakes it won't be broken anymore…and he'll think you're magic!

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 848
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

sounds like he wants you to fix his transportation. Thanks for the chuckle!

• Lkrielow99
    Lkrielow99 Member Posts: 57
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary

OMG, interpretation-prep mode.  I knew it was a real thing, lol. I have had a few house dogs and I’m pretty good at figuring out what they are asking or saying. But now using that skill with my DH. It’s crazy how our minds can figure it all out. But then there are those times. Thanks for the laugh, I needed one.

• trottingalong
    trottingalong Member Posts: 387
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

thanks for the laugh. I love the way you write.

• CindyBum
    CindyBum Member Posts: 268
    250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

hahaha. Thank you for the chuckle.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks for laughing with me. I was mainly relieved that it wasn't something he'd get stuck on and we'd be up all night lol. "Transmission, transportation…good guesses and you all are making me chuckle now hahaha. I am so not mechanically inclined, so we'd be in a pickle if that's what he meant. I like the idea of being magic Mrahope. (I think we caregivers are, so that's a good one!)

I really have no idea what was going through his head, or if he maybe had been dreaming? The only thing I am fixing for him these days is pureed this or that — so something to eat is where I thought the convo was going at first — But this isn't the first time he has made up a really interesting word or two and I always forget them so I had said the next time it happened I would write it down.

Thanks for the compliment, trottingalong. Our LOs sure do give us lots of material to write about — just glad this episode was harmless and humorous! DH woke up and it hasn't come up again, so…whatever he meant at that odd hour, your guess is as good as mine! The world may never know.

• mathreader
    mathreader Member Posts: 44
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes

you have to chuckle at some of the things they say. Keep smiling!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more