Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

You don't like me much anymore

AnderK
AnderK Member Posts: 123
100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Hello, all.

I have been ill with 4 or 5 recurring this past 4 months (seeing a urologist in early August). This week it was really bad. Not the usual painful symptoms, but so cold I couldn't stop shaking and shivering, and then feeling dizzy. Again to Urgent care..Again with antibiotics. This time I slept for 4 straight hours two days in a row...not counting the 4 hours of usual sleep at night. Body said stop. I didn't, haven't, can't.

The problem besides the obvious one, is that I just have no dissembling tools at my disposal and I can't seem to find them anywhere. My frustration is clearly visible to him. The umpteenth time he asked me when my friend was coming to visit (tomorrow), how long is she staying (a week), no one told me that, why don't you sit down, you don't like me any more (perhaps), how much money do I have, no one told me that. Only half of today's questions.

Tonight he was finding miracle cures on his phone, when he called my name in a low voice, and when I self corrected the tone of my WHAT, he told me there were people staring at him through the outside door and main window... our main floor is on the second floor of our house…I went out on the deck and twirled around with my arms outstretched and said see, no one here. His response... they are still people there staring at me. I shut the door, closed the shades on one of the prettiest moons and nights of the summer as the end of an Alanis Morissette concert was ending across the river from us, with "crowds go wild" cheering.

As I did that, my thoughts were that the shade closing was symbolic of my life these days. Slowly shutting the shades, one window at a time, on so many of the good aspects of my life. Bit by bit. Day by day. Hour by hour.

Update: I wrote the above last Friday night. Today is Monday night. And even with my friend bringing her cheer into my home, and uplifting my spirits, I think the above is accurate. Tomorrow I hope to reach out to a possible non agency caregiver to see if she might be a possibility. Meanwhile, good night friends.

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney