Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Looking for a good elder care attorney in Long Beach

Hello,
I am looking for a good, reasonably priced Elder Care Attorney so that I can be the POA and MPOA for my LO. We were trying to get his POA and MPOA notarized but, he got confused and forgot why he was there, so, the APS were called on us. We were called by them to let us know that that is what has happened. The reason why they knew us is because, long story short, my LO lost a LOT during Covid. His business suffered a great hit. Couldn't apply to PPP for small business because it was considered "too small" (tried 3 xs). Then the stress of losing his rent controlled place, a stoke, then the diagnosis of Alzheimer's. Then the landlord, waiting for IHSS (took 3 months), and me calling this agency, that agency...it was a lot to deal with. On top, medications, which ones work, which didn't, behavioral changes..after going to court to TRY to not get him evicted, we were given a time to pack up. FINALLY found a place (tiny place that is less than what we paid but still high). Now, with his level 6 diagnosis (but good health physically), I need to find a good elder care lawyer. I do not have the funds to pay that much. Do I need to find an elder care lawyer to go to court? His two sons and sister knows that I am the only one taken care of him (his sister didn't want us to live with her, because it was too much for her) and his sons, one's in another country and one is always away on work. I am sorry this is long, but, I just need some clarification on what to do, does anyone know of a good elder care lawyer..all of this. Thank you for taking the time in reading this.

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney