Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Struggling at work

Hi, I have not been diagnosed with EO but have a lot of symptoms. (I am 61) I had neuropsych testing 2 years ago and was diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment. I feel like things are getting worse so I scheduled a second neuropsych evaluation in August.
Has anyone here gone from MCI to Dementia? Has anyone been diagnosed with dementia based on neuropsych evaluation?

I recently retired from my school job because I was having a really hard time completing the work. I picked up work in the nursing homes this summer and I am struggling greatly with completing the computer documentation. And difficulty learning new things. I had to make cheat pages to help.

Is anyone here still working?

thank you

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome jeaamom. I hope you can get some answers from your testing in August. Did you have a thorough medical evaluation to search for medical causes of memory loss?

Since you are having difficulty with work, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.

With a diagnosis of MCI already, this is a good time to begin making plans for the future.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney