Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Intelgenx montelukast clinical trial

Larrytherunner
Larrytherunner Member Posts: 83
Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes

I posted a few weeks earlier that Intelgenx Technologies in Canada has completed its clinical trial using its film version of montelukast to treat early Alzheimer's and MCI. A brief preliminary report indicated that participants taking the highest dosage of 30 mg twice a day have shown cognitive improvement. A final report should be completed during this quarter (July, August or September).

Intelgenx is now in the process of being taken over by Atai Life Sciences NV. One of Atai's biggest investor is the multi-billion dollar venture capitalist Peter Thiel, the PayPal cofounder, who has also invested millions in anti-aging research.

I starting posting here 8 years ago in 2016 after reading about Dr Ludwig Aigner's research on montelukast's anti-inflammatory effects on neuroinflammation. I started taking montelukast multiple times a day then and the extreme mental fatigue that I was experiencing completely went away after a week. My mother passed away from Alzheimer's and I believe montelukast has prevented me from going down that same path, although I can't prove it and I know most people find it hard to believe.

The article posted below is from Alzheimer's News Today. It is a really great free weekly online newsletter that specializes in research and clinical trials. The articles are written by authors with advanced degrees in the biological sciences. It's a great newsletter to subscribe to if you want to see the latest in Alzheimer's research and clinical trials written in plain English.

https://alzheimersnewstoday.com/news/montelukast-oral-film-aids-cognition-mild-moderate-alzheimers/

Comments

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 848
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Larry, thank you for posting this. I've taken Montelukast for years for my asthma. I find it fascinating that it may help with Alzheimer's and MCI.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

This is interesting and encouraging. Thanks for posting, Larry.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney