Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I'm shaking as I write this

2»

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Yeah, our MC won't allow it; they don't want their employees filmed. Irritates me, but that's their policy. It's worth asking though, I do think it would help to have cameras not only in rooms (if family agrees) but in common areas and halls also. There is a constant problem with wanderers, and I think it would help keep track of some of them. One came into my partner's room last week and wouldn't leave—took two aides to get her out. Another one "got lost" in someone else's bathroom ten days ago and took an entire "fire drill" to find her. A camera would have helped.

• Daughter of a Marine
    Daughter of a Marine Member Posts: 55
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes

Most states require these facilities to permit cameras in residents' rooms. We have one and it has proven invaluable in observing how loved ones are treated and spoken to when we aren't there. (Illinois is one state that permits these cameras). God bless you on this heartbreaking journey.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Brenda, I'm so sorry. We all know this kind of thing happens, but when it happens, it is really very hard. I hope things calm down soon for you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more