Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Update on MC placement

I have posted before on my placement of my dear sweet Tommy in memory care. It’s been 10 days now and according to the director there he is doing well. He says he has acclimated well and participates in all activities and lives to help with the others residents. He has not mentioned me in a week now. The doctor had told me not to visit for 2 weeks and he will likely not remember me. This is both sad and good for him. I can see him later this week and am excited but also anxious about my first visit. Thanks for all of you who advised me it was not too early to place him. I think from the what I’ve been told he’s much more content and stimulated there than he was at home and I have found an unimaginable peace through prayer I didn’t think I could possibly find. God is good. I didn’t realize how exhausted I was from the 24 hour a day focus on him. I just wanted to once again thank everyone for your advice and encouragement. I will update again when I visit.

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you for checking in with us. Think of you and Tommy. Thankful Tommy is adjusting well it seems and that God is giving you comfort and peace that only he can give.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 848
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

it sounds like you are both adjusting well to the change. Praying your first visit goes well.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Trying,

Thanks for the update. I too am glad to know that both Tommy and you are adjusting to your new life situations. You once said, "Knowing Jesus is with me in every moment carries me through my toughest days." I pray that you will continually know that Jesus is with both of you and will walk you through this journey. His strength is sufficient. Please keep us posted.  

Tom

• tryingtodurvive
    tryingtodurvive Member Posts: 48
    100 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

so sweet of you to remember that. Such a great reminder for all of us. In the Bible it says do not fear or be anxious 365 times, once for each day of the year. Sometimes it’s difficult but scripture gives me comfort in every situation.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thinking of you and Tommy and sending warmest thoughts your way.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney