Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Anger issues

Arrowhead
Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Anger has not been an issue with my wife, but I have a friend whose wife does. She gets angry, shouting and making accusations. Then she isolates herself in her room and refuses to talk to anyone. She resists doctors and medication, so he may not be able to get her any treatment. My wife had a three-year obsession with going “home” that eventually subsided. I was wondering, is it possible that his wife could reach a point where these issues go away on their own?

Comments

• Rick4407
    Rick4407 Member Posts: 241
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    edited August 23

Yes they could go away and be replaced by ????. There is no cure for the disease but management of the symptoms is possible for most through drugs from a good Dr. It's sometimes a long process to find the right drugs, he should get started immediately.

• jsps139_
    jsps139_ Member Posts: 171
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Even if they do go away at some point in the future, she is suffering during these episodes as well as him. Somehow, he needs to get medications for her, so they can both have a little more peace of mind.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

if she has a primary care physician, have him call the doctor and ask for help. A Geriatric Psychiatrist is the best to help. I got my husband to go by telling him his primary doctor wanted him to go. If she doesn’t have a good primary care doc it will be more difficult.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more