Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Recommendations for senior communities

Blue Sky
Blue Sky Member Posts: 2
First Comment

Hi, my parents are thinking about moving to a senior community in the Boston, MA surrounding area.

They want a community with indep/assisted living/memory care options.

They are also interested in not for profit facilities, since costs are so high in the Boston area.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with any area communities? For example, a friend, relative or other person who has lived in one and had a good experience?

I'd appreciate any suggestions! They are interested in renting, not buying in.

We've consulted with a couple of senior living advisors, and they've recommended communities, but it's hard to know which are the good ones.

Thanks!

Comments

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,348
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

My aunt transitioned through MC and SNF at this place. She died early 2018 and I think it may have been renamed since that time. I have no idea what it's like now, but her sister who worked at MGH and was guardian was advised by her colleagues it was a good place to look at.

It was thoughtfully run, had a nice physical space, impressive services onsite and lovely staff at that time. I believe it's part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare and they did serve kosher food. That said, my aunt was a life-long Congregationalist, and the facility offered weekly outing for lunch where she enjoyed BLTs and lobster rolls.

• Blue Sky
    Blue Sky Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi, thanks for responding. what was the name of it? I missed that.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more