Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Sleep

ClarkEb
ClarkEb Member Posts: 51
25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary

I have read several posts about long sleep sessions. I think I even posted one.
But, up til this month they have been maybe one a month. This month they are weekly. Normal bed time between nine and ten. Later if the "going home clause" is invoked. She is normally up ten or eleven. Getup time has moved out til as late a three and one 10pm. There have been several 20-24 hour sessions

Last night was 930-10. Quiet. She usually lectures someone for 30-45 min. Got up sometime before noon straitened the sheets etc and went back to bed. Usually around noon I stop tip toeing around. Washer dryer vacuum. Dog barks at ups truck then FedEx. Then around 2 up for potty break back to bed. Then the helos start. (We live near a military base) rattle things around n the house at times.

Is this indicative of anything

Or just normal chancges

Comments

• Crkddy
    Crkddy Member Posts: 84
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

For my DW, both have been true. Longer sleep is a now a new normal for her. Just a couple of years ago almost no sleep was normal. However, last year she had a fairly progressive period of 6 months where she went from sleeping 10 hrs a day to sleeping 20+ hours a day. Then she had a couple of seizures and was hospitalized. In the hospital she was diagnosed with a UTI. After treatment her sleep pattern returned to a more normal 10 to 14 hrs a day. Every situation is different, but you may want to talk with her doctor.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more