Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

If it's really hard, and you don't think you can do it anymore......

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Many of you won't recognize me because I'm not posting anymore. My caregiving days are over. I am now in stage 8. But I still feel bad for those of you who are in the trenches. I have nothing to gain from the following, but you do.

Even if you're in the beginning stages of caregiving, you should find this free 5 day course helpful. Take the time to watch it. If you are struggling, find the time to at least give this a look. I took the course a few years ago, and found that it can really make a difference. But you have to be willing to make a change. Your LO can't do that. Only you can make it more tolerable.

https://www.dementiacareclass.com/product-launch-sales-page1646772804281

For some reason, I feel like this sounds like a commercial. Maybe I'm just not good with words. A few people who are still on the forum took the course. Hopefully they'll give you their honest opinion about it. I wish better days for all of you.

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

thanks Ed…

• Laurie1282
    Laurie1282 Member Posts: 53
    Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I have been following Dr. Natali Edmonds and her Care Blazer program since 2020 when my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I literally would not be able to travel this path without the skills I learned from her. Like Ed said, it requires some work on changing your thoughts and behavior patterns, but it was so worth it for me! You can find her free videos on YouTube, join her FB Care Blazers group and even join her paid Care Course and online support. She is wonderful!

Search Care Blazers or Dr. Natali Edmonds on YouTube. You won't be sorry.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 847
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

The free course was great. I took it a couple of years ago. My DH is now in MC but Dr. Natalie's advice still applies. Thanks, Ed. Good to hear from you.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you very much Ed; we miss seeing you more often, and are appreciative for the referrals you provide to us.

I wonder how you are doing now and how things are going.

Thinking of you,

J.

• trottingalong
    trottingalong Member Posts: 387
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

thank you for posting. I will take a look.

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Thank you Ed. I listened to the first video and am looking forward to the next one. The timing is good for me. I joined this board almost 3 years ago and remember you well and the help you gave to so many. It is good to hear from you. Pat

• annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Thanks you Ed. I’ve watched the first video and really liked it but it looks like the other 4 days are still locked. Is this a paid course?

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

annie51, the same thing happened to me.

• Karen711
    Karen711 Member Posts: 62
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

Thank you Ed- I’d like to see these. I need all the help I can get. I often feel like I’m falling short for my DW, and in the meantime very aware this is taking quite a toll on my own health. I appreciate all the insight, experience, support and love shared on this site. Thank you all!

Karen

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney