Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hi

Ghhhhhhh
Ghhhhhhh Member Posts: 6
5 Care Reactions First Comment

Comments

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

so sorry. Is he staying by himself? He should not be in my opinion. He should not be inviting anyone into your home. How is he meeting them? He’s obsessing about things because of the disease, not because of you. Read the book “The 36 Hour Day” which really helped me after my DH’s diagnosis. Stop him from using the computer or internet on the phone. Disable it if you must. Take control of the finances. Learn to fib to him when he makes demands. “I’ll go later or they are out of whatever he wants. It’s going to get much worse so learn all you can how to redirect him. There are videos online that will help you.

• Ghhhhhhh
    Ghhhhhhh Member Posts: 6
    5 Care Reactions First Comment

Hes meeting them on Facebook groups. I even mentioned to the gentleman that he has dimentia but I think my DH is vulnerable so I told him I didn't want him inviting people here. I do all meals for him I live here also, he even has me go up and down the stairs for things. It's exhausting.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

If you can you need to get him off the internet, it is not safe, period. Change the wifi password or put his devices in airplane mode. Or spill coke on them, whatever it takes.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Do NOT tell strangers that he has dementia. He is a vulnerable adult, people will take advantage of him.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney