Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

interesting delusion

Today I dropped my DW (stage 5/6 vascular dementia) off at the salon to get a haircut. Fortunately, her stylist is very understanding and patient. I returned 45 minutes later to pick her up. I paid my wife's bill and scheduled her next appointment. The whole interaction was pleasant and uneventful. Several hours later (after a nap) my wife says that I was very mean to the stylist and that everyone in the salon was afraid of me. She said I was very angry and threatening. I am totally flabergasted as to how she came up with her version of events. Anybody else experience anything like this? My wife is constantly confabulating but this one takes the cake. I hope she will forget the whole thing tomorrow.

Comments

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 467
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I used to leave for about 30 minutes when my husband was getting a hair cut but it seemed to upset him. He would be grouchy but usually got over it. Maybe your wife is confabulating her feelings of being left at the salon. Hope she forgot about it

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

best thing to do is apologize and promise never to do it again. If it continues I would wait with her.

• midge333
    midge333 Member Posts: 290
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Thankfuly, she hasn't mentioned it again.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more