Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Door Monitors/Alarms

LJCHR
LJCHR Member Posts: 192
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Need suggestions for the best type of door monitor/alarms. I have just recently noticed my DH stops and stares - likes he's lost. This has happened the last two mornings. I want to be proactive in case he starts to wander. Could you please share with me your experience with door monitors/alarms? Thanks.

Comments

• clarinetist
    clarinetist Member Posts: 131
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

LJCHR, this is what I used:
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwib56qn79GIAxViY0cBHSeJPSoYABAaGgJxdQ&ae=2&co=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm-eqp-_RiAMVYmNHAR0niT0qEAQYFCABEgKSX_D_BwE&sph=&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASJeRocpqpF8wfOA__2AJh39DnDDBclots2xhHr8qcuCLbfJKJvwE&sig=AOD64_2G3ZiIuW4jbEWCCzRRDutJUN725Q&ctype=46&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiYhqWn79GIAxUXLFkFHR4DPLwQzzkoAHoFCAwQnAE&nis=2&dct=1&suid=22780122051&adurl=

I placed it high on our front door an a sliding glass door; my DH never noticed it. It lets off a piercing alarm! There are many others out there too.

• clarinetist
    clarinetist Member Posts: 131
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Ok sorry that link didn’t work. It’s called a Bunker Hill Security door/window entry alarm. You should be able to google it.

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 192
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

thank you, I will check this out.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

many install a hook and eye latch above eye level

• klindholm25
    klindholm25 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I installed these stick on alarms. They are installed at the top of the door and are very ear piercing if it gets opened

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 802
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited September 20

I installed Ring alarms one the three egress doors and a video doorbell. Easy to set up and they connect to Alexa and my phone. For internal doors that I want him not to open (walk-in closet next to the bathroom, basement) I use a childproof strap lock well above eye level.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more