Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Early Onset AZ Newbie

Cardenas1816
Cardenas1816 Member Posts: 2
First Comment

I’m new to this community. I am (51F) taking care of my dear husband (56M) who was diagnosed at the beginning of January of this year with mid-stage early onset Alzheimer’s dementia. There were signs starting about 3 years ago that I just didn’t associate with dementia, and I (mentally) kick myself for not realizing something was wrong sooner.

We have been trying since January to get him on Leqembi or lecanemab with frustrating delays at every turn. The latest delay is that the registry he must be on to receive the med won’t accept people under 65. Has anyone else been able to successfully work through this issue?

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Welcome to the forum, you have come to a good place for advice and support. That said, there are still very few members who have/are using Leqembi—it's still that new. Since it seems to work best in younger males, one would think your husband would be a good candidate. Sounds like insurance BS in all likelihood. I hope you can be a squeaky wheel for him.

Meanwhile I hope this forum can support you in other ways. So sorry you are facing this at such a young age.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more