Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just venting

I know most of you have been through this, just need to let some of it out. How do you deal with all the negative and getting angry at the least thing. Maybe angry is the wrong word. Dh can't stand the dogs to bark or the least little wait or what he precedes as not the way it should be. I'm always wrong or it's my fault. I know it's part of the disease, he has VD and AD, but diddly! You can't argue or get mad. Everything should be kept on the calm side no stress for him.

Today I went and got a cappuccino and went to the park and just cried. Yes I see a councler. Just some days.…..

ok I'm done. Thanks for listening. .

I know alot of you have it much worse. You are angels.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

ronda, have you talked to his doc about medication for this? Yes it's awful when you're always the target. Something for anxiety and aggression might help take the edge off. You need to let them know it is happening.

• clarinetist
    clarinetist Member Posts: 131
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

I have medications for me to help me stay calm! Love my antidepressant.

• jsps139_
    jsps139_ Member Posts: 171
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Ronda, Seroquel helped quite a bit with the exact thing you described, but those agitated and blaming episodes still crop up throughout the week. I’m now trying to stop looking for normal and just be satisfied with tolerable, which is where we are now. We have tolerable days and bad days; the good days seem to be gone now. But, I enjoy the tolerable days.
    (((Hugs))) And we keep on going! ❤️

• ronda b
    ronda b Member Posts: 76
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes

He is on seroquel. Your right. It's tolerable now. If it gets worse will ask Dr to maybe increase med.. don't want to snow him.

• Biggles
    Biggles Member Posts: 23
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

jsps139 great survival tactics, change your thinking, thank you for this, so I too am now looking for nothing much just tolerable days the normal went it feels like years ago. I can no longer understand much of what DH is saying but I can tell he is enjoying saying it so I try to say something encouraging with pleasant single word intonation. It’s a long journey filled with good, bad, acceptable and sad days, we’re all in this together but sometimes you feel so alone.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more